Casual Game Recommendations

(Sam Connolly) #1

Now that I’m a full time corporate stooge, I’m finding less time to dedicate to CS, and looking for something a little more chilled which I can just dip in and out of.

I’ve got a Wii U which I’m tempted to run through Zelda: Windwaker on as I’ve never actually finished, and might buy Breath of the Wild if it performs decently on the Wii U and I enjoy Windwaker.

I also have a pretty decent PC, should be able to run most games. So recommend away! :slight_smile:

(DayC) #2

If you’re looking for a time sink / longer term game total war: warhammer is good from the small amount I’ve played it. The second one is out now too which is getting excellent reviews.

@Veasu pointed out to me that they’re two parts to the same campaign which appears to be true according to wikipedia, “a grand campaign map spanning the first and second games’ campaign maps will be released in a patch after launch”.

(Sam Hather) #3

Total War: Warhammer 2 is fucking unreal - love it me

(Fatmanp) #4

You could give some of these a go;

Xcom 1 and/or 2
The Witness
Total War: Warhammer 1 and/or 2
South Park The Stick of Truth (The sequel is out next week hype)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Sequel is out this month)
Prey (System Shock esque FPS)
Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice
Divinity Original Sin (The sequel is supposed to be great aswell)
The Witcher 3

90% of these can be picked up for good prices on the usual key sites.

If you want something multiplayer there is always PUBG but I assume you already knew that :slight_smile:

(Sam Hather) #5

This also, one of my favourites of recent history.

(Sam Connolly) #6

Played The Witcher 3 and was a cracking game, also gone through South Park and that was fantastic. Cool! Cracking little list you’ve put together here, think I might get Divinity: Original Sin or Prey on the go. Fantastic cheers man :smiley:

(Fatmanp) #7

No problem. I can’t recommend Wolfenstein enough either. You can pick that up for less than a £5 on a bad day in most places.

(Matt) #8

Played through wolfenstein about 6 times, cracking game.

(DayC) #9

That’s my next budget pick up when I need one then. What a list you put together mate!

(Sam Hather) #10

still waiting for @SamHiggy to pick up divinity 2 so he can be our dungeon master in the Dungeons and Dragons game type… pls senpei

(Ryan Roberts) #11

Binding of Issac would be my two cents. Excellent game with a lot of replay value.

(Fatmanp) #12

Going to pick that up on the Switch when it falls to a decent price.