EPL Draft Fantasy Football

(Dean) #1

Stealing @DayC’s thunder here. Not sure how many of you have ever played NFL’s fantasy football but it’s way ahead of the shitty English system. Me, @Easy and @Smather have found a website which works like the NFL system and have set up a league for it. For people who have never played the NFL before here is the big differences;

Draft Pick

Instead of having a set amount of cash, people all log on at the same time and take it in turns to pick players. Each player can only be picked once, so if someone takes a player no other team have them. During he season you can trade of release players and pick up players who don’t already have a team. Each team has the following amount of players;

2 Goalkeepers
5 Defenders
5 Midfielders
3 Forwards

You then pick your formation and starting line-up before the cut-off time each week.

Game Week

So unlike normal fantasy you aren’t just amassing points for a total leaderboard, you’re facing off against other people. Each week players will have their team pick another team and play for points just like a normal football match. 3 for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. This continues throughout the season until 38 weeks have been played and we have a winner.

More details can be found on the FAQ page here - https://draftfantasyfootball.co.uk/howToPlay

If anyone want’s to sign up it’s capped at 16 teams we we currently have the draft set for next Sunday (7th August) at 5pm. This can be tweaked to accommodate, but if you can’t make it then you can set an automatic draft list up to auto pick for you based on who is remaining.

The sign up is here - https://draftfantasyfootball.co.uk/league/joining/AZRNxzNuAKZGAFavt

Password for the league - harrysdad

(DayC) #2

No thunder to steal mate, drafting is a totally different experience and everyone should have a crack at it. I’ll be there.

(Adam Harwood) #3

I done this a couple of years back on an American NFL fantasy site. Better than the UK version I think. Plus I went all the way to the Superbowl and won. Beginners luck I reckon.

(Ryan Roberts) #4

(Dean) #5

Draft for this is later today. Would be good to get one more to make it even numbers.

(DayC) #6

Fuck i’ll have to drop, i’ve ordered my shopping for 5…

(Xenoscythe) #7

When everyone just autopicks

also, it seems theres no weight system to it so Gav basically got the best pick every round with his auto-pick haha, what a shit system.

(Dean) #8

You order your auto-picks yourself

(Xenoscythe) #9

I know that, but of whats left, he always had the best pick haha. Any other draft system I’ve played before uses a team weight system so whoever has the weakest team goes first on the next round.

also @DayC whyd you drop? couldve just autopicked like everyone else lol.

(Dean) #10

Everyone I’ve done uses this method, it’s the official NFL method as well. It alternates each round, so first round is pick 1-2-3-4 then the next round is pick 4-3-2-1 and repeat.

No idea why he left, could have still played.

(Sam Hather) #11

That was gay, my landlord came round to sort out some paperwork and carpet fitting.

Oh well I got Vardy and that’s literally all that matters.

(DayC) #12

@Xenoscythe I thought no point mate if i’m going to play I might as well play, prob should have done, ah well.

(Xenoscythe) #13

That makes a little more sense, the autopick display just made it seem like Gav got the first pick every round. Still a bit shit but oh well.

(Ryan Roberts) #14

Shite… forgot all about this.

(Gavin Rainey) #15

I was working :smiley:

Martial and Aguero tho

(Ryan Roberts) #16

So… is there way to drop a player to take on someone from the free transfers? I couldn’t see how…

(Dean) #17

There is yeah, you can take them from the waiver function. I’ll take a look later for you.

(Sam Hather) #18

you just have to look for them in the transfers section.

You just click a player on your team and then say you want a midfielder from bournemouth you would just go through the list on the right hand side and filter to your hearts desire.

You’ve got first dibs on Waivers as well ffs

(Dean) #19

Once you have a player from waivers you go down to last place. So worry not friend.

(Sam Hather) #20

If he doesn’t take who i’m after i’d be very, very surprised though.