Football Thread

(DayC) #582

Yes the trickle down from the tv deals is beginning to take effect, the Championship will be seriously entertaining this year.

(Sam Hather) #583

Yeah our pricing structures are fucking ridiculous. I refuse to go until I see money being spent on the pitch.

(Xenoscythe) #584

Zlatan to Manu
Vardy to Arsenal

what is happening

(Dean) #585

Didn’t think he’d be happy with just one League title.

(Rob Thomas) #586

Can’t wait to hear all the excuses Arsenal fans make for spending all this money, especially after complaining about everyone else doing it for so long.

Also, Vardy is the most un-Arsenal player there is. Very confused.

(Sam Hather) #587

You liking the return of the stripes? @Xenoscythe

(Xenoscythe) #588

Absolutely love it, 100000% better than the boring white shirt last year.

Will probably buy one next week as long as there’s no huge hideous advertisement on the back of it.

(Paul Corkin) #589

Sunday boys sunday!

(Xenoscythe) #590

Mark Lawrenson is ruining these euros for me. What a fuckin mong.

Coincidentally, when googling his name, the first result is

(Xenoscythe) #591

(Dean) #592

That second to last image killed me.

(Yan) #593

(Paul Corkin) #594

:joy: :joy: :joy:

(Ryan Roberts) #595

Found myself shouting at my TV yesterday in the second half - a truly woeful display from England. I don’t know what Kane and Sterling were doing in training to start that game, but it must have been good. Vardy should have started, or at least given him 45 minutes.

This is a clear cut case of the players letting themselves and the supporters, rather than the manager.

(Xenoscythe) #596

Honestly, although it was a woeful performance from the players themselves in the last game, I still think Hodgson is 95% to blame for the overall tournament with his abysmal tinkering, nonsense player choices and a choice of formations that just lack logic.

I don’t think I’ve ever been as frustrated with a football game as that Iceland game and thats coming from a guy thats watched sheffield united miss out on promotion via playoffs like 800 times.

Things that made almost 0 sense to me:

• Kane on corners??? HES A 6FT 2 SOLID HEADER OF THE BALL WOY?
  • Kane on bale style freekicks??? DID HE GET ANY ON TARGET WOY?
  • Kane on the pitch??? AFTER 3 ABYSMAL GAMES WOY?
  • Taking Sterling off for Vardy??? HIS SPEED WAS A THREAT EVEN IF HE WAS SHIT, PLAY THEM TOGETHER WOY?
  • Not playing Lallana in the last game??? ARGUABLY OUR BEST PLAYER THIS TOURNAMENT WOY?
  • Playing Sturridge on the right??? HE HASNT PLAYED THERE SINCE CHELSEA AND HATED IT WOY?!
  • Rooney+Sturridge trying to dribble then losing the ball 9/10 times???
  • Rashford on at 87 MINUTES?!!?!?!?! WERE FUCKING LOSING 2-1 TO ICELAND WOY STOP WRITING YOUR RESIGNATION LETTER AND DO SOMETHING

Stuff i noted:

• Our midfield was fuck awful (Awful/PlayedIn) - . Alli(4/4), Wilshire(3/3), Rooney(2/4), Henderson (1/1). 0 passion and I’m furious we didn’t bring Drinkwater over Wilshire.
  • Walker clearly should play right winger instead cos hes terrible at defending but good at attacking.
  • Rooney is past it, no consistency, still scores but I’m fairly sure others could with the same chances.
  • Kane and sterling don’t work together, complete opposites.
  • Sturridge and Vardy as upfront width is fucking stupid, they’re both central drifters not wingers.
  • Bring Carroll, stick milner on and fucking hoof balls at him for free goals if were goals down.
  • 0 Pressing except lallana.

And if the media tout Gareth Southgate or Gary Neville as a capable England manager I’m renouncing my citizenship.

(Sam Hather) #597

Everyone was kicking off about Vardy not starting, I was well more pissed off about Lallana starting. He was the only player creating anything all tournament!

Would have love to have Sterling - Vardy - Lallana up top. I think it would have caused so many problems

(Yan) #598

The players were shit (understatement of the decade), but Hodgson is still at fault for being completely tactically inept, giving them no direction, picking set piece takers out of a hat and sitting there like the stupid owl faced cunt he is instead of getting off his arse and actually doing something.

There’s only one man who can save this lot now.

(Sam Hather) #599

Leeds did a football thingy

(C**t ) #600

I’m really surprised other clubs didn’t try and sign Mandanda, would of been good at Liverpool or even City.

(DayC) #601

@Sith Everton did. Rumour has it he already had a verbal agreement with Palace months ago and felt committed to joining them.

2 new signings for Everton:
Stekelenburg - 3 year deal: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2016/07/01/everton-sign-stekelenburg/

Witsel 30 mil little known about contract yet, confirmed by our most reliable ITK- https://twitter.com/SquawkaNews/status/748903933561667584