Honestly, although it was a woeful performance from the players themselves in the last game, I still think Hodgson is 95% to blame for the overall tournament with his abysmal tinkering, nonsense player choices and a choice of formations that just lack logic.
I don't think I've ever been as frustrated with a football game as that Iceland game and thats coming from a guy thats watched sheffield united miss out on promotion via playoffs like 800 times.
Things that made almost 0 sense to me:
- Kane on corners???? HES A 6FT 2 SOLID HEADER OF THE BALL WOY?
- Kane on bale style freekicks???? DID HE GET ANY ON TARGET WOY?
- Kane on the pitch??? AFTER 3 ABYSMAL GAMES WOY?
- Taking Sterling off for Vardy?????? HIS SPEED WAS A THREAT EVEN IF HE WAS SHIT, PLAY THEM TOGETHER WOY?
- Not playing Lallana in the last game?????? ARGUABLY OUR BEST PLAYER THIS TOURNAMENT WOY?
- Playing Sturridge on the right????? HE HASNT PLAYED THERE SINCE CHELSEA AND HATED IT WOY?!
- Rooney+Sturridge trying to dribble then losing the ball 9/10 times????
- Rashford on at 87 MINUTES?!!?!?!?! WERE FUCKING LOSING 2-1 TO ICELAND WOY STOP WRITING YOUR RESIGNATION LETTER AND DO SOMETHING
Stuff i noted:
* Our midfield was fuck awful (Awful/PlayedIn) - . Alli(4/4), Wilshire(3/3), Rooney(2/4), Henderson (1/1). 0 passion and I'm furious we didn't bring Drinkwater over Wilshire.
* Walker clearly should play right winger instead cos hes terrible at defending but good at attacking.
* Rooney is past it, no consistency, still scores but I'm fairly sure others could with the same chances.
* Kane and sterling don't work together, complete opposites.
* Sturridge and Vardy as upfront width is fucking stupid, they're both central drifters not wingers.
* Bring Carroll, stick milner on and fucking hoof balls at him for free goals if were goals down.
* 0 Pressing except lallana.
And if the media tout Gareth Southgate or Gary Neville as a capable England manager I'm renouncing my citizenship.