Halo 5: Guardians

To be fair it’s a winter event, but still that’s fucking abysmal #weback.

(Gavin Rainey) #169

it sold out :smiley:

(Dean) #170

I don’t think Halos attendance ever really altered based on time of year. It’s been a steady 8-12 teams at every event for years now.

Holy crap, nvm then Halo’s just fucked then haha.

@Noodle True, but it is the first event for H5 and you normally see a couple more teams than that at least at the upper range of those numbers.

(Randal Octagonapus) #172

Is anyone else watching Dan and Simms casting the H5 tournament at the moment? Maybe it’s because I haven’t really played the game and aim mechanics may have changed but considering I’ve watched since the quarter finals the quality of the teams doesn’t seem particularly high considering this is the EU finals…

(Josh) #173

Was half watching it, wasn’t really watching the play but what I did see wasn’t great.

(Gavin Rainey) #174

One of the teams I watched, Millennium i think vs Supremacy

The M players have said they play as 4 individuals.

I could see Gaskin was trying to play by play, he was doing okay but Simms is pretty dire as a caster. With some higher quality to bounce off Dan would have been a lot better.

Great effort @Gaskin

You made some good points mate.

(Gaskin) #175

Cheers Gav. I try and focus a bit more on the analytical side of it. Not a fan of play by play stuff. Simms wasn’t well so I tried to help as much as possible I guess. Not easy casting some of the games as like people said the standard wasn’t great until the final. Looking forward to the Regional finals tbh. It’s good fun though, hopefully I can move forward from halo if I get an opportunity

(Gavin Rainey) #176

You would be alright in Hearthstone, it seems a natural progression. You are good at the game, and have good (better than the majority of UK casters, maybe aside from some of the to UK guys who have been casting for years). As well as that you know people in the scene.

I don’t even know how to put yourself out in terms of casting opportunities. If Black DDK goes to insomnia when you are there again, it might be worth reaching out, although hes about 6 foot taller than you.

(DayC) #177

Almost certainly, Raven is still learning to cast from the last even by the looks of things to there very well could be an opportunity there.

(Lethal) #178

I would of done the same as a caster, let Simms do the hype business and I’d just give a piece of expert analysis every so often to actually explain to viewers wtf is going on and why teams are doing certain plays.

(Dean) #179

“He grabbed the shotgun because he’s a faggot and fingers priests”

“He dropped the flag because his Dad dropped him when he was a baby before spunking on his Nan”

(Ryan Roberts) #180

Anyone watching/watched the Halo London championships? It seems to me all the commentators want to make the event about them rather the game / players…

Loco looks really nervous as well…

(Gazza) #181

doesnt surprise me everyone lookin to cash in imo

(Gavin Rainey) #182

I watched some inbetween the CS.

I find it hard to watch games with that much autoaim now. I was also disappointed at how the timings for weapons are done by the game now.

(Dean) #183

Have you seen the people playing at the “top” level now? They need things like weapon timings because looking and breathing is hard enough on its own.

(Van Slab) #184

Peaceful

(Gavin Rainey) #185

Incredibly nostalgic, man that gave me supreme chills

(Josh) #186

Literally amazing! Faruq Tauheed was literally THE guy back in the day.

(Gavin Rainey) #187

Makes you remember the fun we had in the Halo days for sure. Watching him infront of 8 TV’s locking it in before the screaming started