Hardware Deals - Xeno's bargain bonanza

(Xenoscythe) #1

Figured we needed a thread to share hardware deals!

(Xenoscythe) #2

12/02/2016 - 24h deal - £160 for a 960gb ssd. Use code ‘ssd’

http://www.ebuyer.com/665518-sandisk-960gb-ultra-ii-sataiii-2-5inch-ssd-sdssdhii-960g-g25

Managed to get the 8gb R9 390 for £189.90!

33% claimed, you’ll have to get off the Amazon deals page (goes fast).

(Gavin Rainey) #4

That is a good deal, that will run everything you play on a high res for sure dude.

There is a 3ds deal coming out soon, keep an eye out if you havent got one, its a limited edition one for $99 so I bet it will be £100 over here but it is worth it if you are fancying picking one up.

(Xenoscythe) #5

144hz monitor for under 170 quid, bargain.

(Gavin Rainey) #6

@Bagelzend @Noodle

this is very much a bargain, its only an Acer stamp, it will serve you well.

(Lethal) #7

I might have to look at this tomorrow, desperately need a 144hz monitor

Bad timing for me, Anniversary today and although it’s my birthday Sunday, all money from that is taking me to LAN atm.

(Gavin Rainey) #9

indeed

(Adam Harwood) #10

This is the same monitor I have had for the last 18 months. I paid £200 in the Black Friday sales from PC World. I think it was meant to be £270. As a budget 144Hz Monitor, I cannot fault it. Would recommend.

(Xenoscythe) #11

Another good deal @ £199
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6265595

Been toying over that one for a month or so, it’s been £249 at currys for about that time. Though annoyingly it’s just shot back up. Looking to get the XL2411, or failing that the G2460Pf as apparently the AOC is on par with the Benq in most areas.

(Xenoscythe) #13

Yeah, was 199 when i linked it, pretty crazy.

I would definitely recommend the XL2411* series but i’ve not heard great things about the AOC other than it runs at 144hz as expected, apparently the colours are extra bland even for a budget 144hz. Oh and its ugly and red :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of budget 144s, this one is sitting at £155 atm, no freesync though.

(Lethal) #14

The one thing stopping me from buying it is the fact that it’s got the Acer branding

(Gavin Rainey) #15

with TV’s and monitors it is literally just a branding, they dont make panels or the boards for them.

Rules out the AOC then, that’s fine. Tempted to get that Acer to be fair and save £100 quid as money is likely to start being a factor now, worth it or should I just hold out a little longer for the BenQ?

(Lethal) #17

I might just get it tbh, I’m due a new monitor. Haven’t had a new one in 5-6 years.

(Xenoscythe) #18

For anyone wanting to stream with their face, mad cheap highly rated web cam :

(Xenoscythe) #19

Personally i’d wait for the benq, you play mostly fast paced games and the difference is slight but noticible the more you pay, you would find the black equalizer really useful too. Better to wait another month to get a better one imo.

That said, if money is really a dealbreaker then yeah the acer would do you fine.

As much as it’s paining me to be without one atm, I’ll probably wait a little longer. Oh I also found:

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/benq-xl2430t-24-inch-gaming-monitor-a14uj

The same ones we used on LAN IIRC, fantastic for the price.