Hardware Deals - Xeno's bargain bonanza

(Xenoscythe) #61

Brilliant 1TB SSD’s below 200quid, wish RAM and gfx cards would follow this trend!

RAM should be coming down soon I would expect. Samsung, Micron, and Hynix are pretty much going to be boned over price fixing as it’s known that they colluded to drive prices up by pretty much cutting production by a silly amount.

(Dean) #63

Good. RAM always used to be the cheapest way to get a decent performance increase, then it shot up crazily.

(Sam Connolly) #64

£30 for a 128gb ssd, not bad for a laptop if you don’t need much storage :slight_smile:

(DayC) #65

This seems like a pretty good price.

(DayC) #66

@Xenoscythe another 1TB SSD just sneaking in below 200

(Xenoscythe) #67

120GB £23.99 again, no excuses, get an ssd for your os and games!
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/integral-120gb-p-series-5-sata-iii-2-5-ssd-drive-560mb-s.html

(Xenoscythe) #68

Half price google daydream, if you have a compatible phone.

https://store.google.com/gb/config/google_daydream_view

(DayC) #69

2TB HDD for prime members at £62 new

(Xenoscythe) #70

Few red flags there, Seagate being one, and 5400rpm :tired_face: - good as a storage drive for non important data, not much else.

(Gavin Rainey) #71

I got one for 7 quid from a 2tb skybox lads learn to pikey

(DayC) #72

Since when were Seagate considered bad? and yeah this was for storage not for applications :slight_smile:

(Adam Harwood) #73

I need a new keyboard. my razer chroma blackwidow is starting to fail. It has been cleaned out but keys are not responding as they should in game. Any suggestions on some new kit?

(Sam Hather) #74

I really like my corsair k70, would highly recommend!

Don’t know what the others on the market are like at the minute though

(DayC) #75

@ShipWr3ck are you looking for a bargain or any recommendation?

If any, then I have a Ducky One RGB TKL that I love and would highly recommend to anyone:

(Xenoscythe) #76

Seagate are blacklisted in my company since they have a habit of failing so much when large sizes and especially the 1.5tb & 2.5tb versions :sweat_smile: Kingston and OCZ too, when it comes to ssds since both their early models were absolute dogger.

I also recommend any corsair keyboard, I used the K95 myself, though it’s currently died after 4 years and I’ve only heard good things about duckys.

(Liam Dakin) #77

I absolutely despise my K70, i don’t think Cherry MX reds are for me, far too clumsy :smiley:

(Anthony) #78

I would recommend a Filco to your requirements. They lack things like macro keys, backlights and are pricey. But they are built to last - I’ve had mine for 9 years, not really looked after it and it’s still going strong.

(Xenoscythe) #79

£ 79.97 inc. vat - I dont rate kingston but this price is cheap.

(Xenoscythe) #80

£ 42.96 inc. vat - I dont rate kingston but this price is cheap.