Losing 10+ stone by December 31st 2016

(Gavin Rainey) #141

Why does that heathen who took the photo have his bar on the top?

(Peter Woodberry) #142

Amazing stuff man, your dedication to achieve your goals is really really awesome.

(Gaskin) #143

Incredible! I’m lost for words.

(Fatmanp) #144

Dropped under 200 earlier this week. Starting to notice body changes much quicker as the BF% goes down.

(Sam Hather) #145

Mental.

I’ve lost around 7lbs due to your inspiration. No joke.

Aim to go hard on the weight loss after LAN, for now I have too many heavy drinking Fridays but plan to cut that down come September. Hopefully will have lost a stone by then!

(Yan) #146

Is it normal for it to really start showing towards the end, then? I’ve dropped about 70 this year (partly inspired by your posts tbh) and haven’t seen enormous changes

(Fatmanp) #147

What is your current height and weight? What did you weigh?

(Yan) #148

6’2", started at 266, down to 198

(Fatmanp) #149

Do you track measurements? What clothing sizes did you start at i.e top size and waist size. I don’t notice a big difference in myself because I still have a really high bf%. But as you get lower, losing 5lbs of fat means more at 200lbs than it does at 270lbs because the percentage change is much greater.

How have you gone about losing the weight? Purely diet or diet + exercise?

(Yan) #150

I haven’t tracked measurements but I have dropped a few clothes sizes. I’ve noticed my size changing but my body composition hasn’t changed much at all. I want to lose about 25 more and it just seems like too small an amount to have the effect I want, but maybe I’m completely off the mark.

I walk or run most days and stick to 1200-1400 calories, aiming for 2 pounds a week. I’ve had weeks where I’ve lost 3 or 4 and others where I’ve lost nothing, it’s a bit inconsistent.

(Gavin Rainey) #151

Sorry somehow the read only came off the forum.

@fatmanp I lost your last post sorry dude!

(Fatmanp) #152

Not going to be rude just honest. I doubt you are eating 1200-1400 cals a day because at your size you would be doing a hell of a lot more than 2lbs per week. At the higher weights you can estimate your food intake because it is quite hard to not eat significantly less than what got us to 260lbs and 360lbs. When you get to the weight that both of us are at (we are both 198 by the way good job :smile: ) we need to be a bit stricter/accurate with our calorie counting. I would advise you eat closer to 2000 cals a day. Weigh your food, include things like butter, sauces and oils as part of your calculations. Should be good for 1lb to 1.5lbs per week. Running is great and you should try to add some weight training in their because it will have the greatest impact on body composition. Weights and adequate protein intake (aim for 1 gram per pound of body weight if possible) should limit the muscle mass you lose during weight loss.Without seeing a pic and just going by what you have said I think another 25lbs will be where you need to get to. I know for me it is probably going to be 35lbs. It would be a good idea for you to measure your waist and chest once per week so you can see the trend. I know for me 1 inch around the waist is usually achievable for every 6-8lbs lost and one inch on the chest is usually every 12–16lbs lost.

Congrats on the weight loss.

@Easy No worries it was saved in the text editor for me.

(Fatmanp) #153

Well I was wondering why I had plateaued. Misreading a food label i.e 73g of dry rice equates to 180g of cooked rice was a biggie. I was having 150g of dry rice. Where I though I was at 180 cals I was actually at 450 cals + just on rice. Lets see how the next few weeks pans out.

Currently 196lbs. 12 stone down from my start date.

(Fatmanp) #154

Update

(Lethal) #155

Wtf, your waist is the same size as mine, reported

(Sam Connolly) #156

How’s it going these days @PhatMayneP? Been almost a year since we got an update.
Did you set any new targets, or is your goal to just maintain the weight you were at last November now?

(Fatmanp) #157

Thanks for asking. Been a bit slack over the last month but my body weight is around 190lbs. Still go to the Gym pretty much 7 days per week. Mainly just focusing on slowly recomping my body and once the time is right look to add on some muscle.