MCC 3.3.15 Update

(DayC) #1

Not a massive update but the feedback from the community so far is very good.

Still a few bugs here and there but the hit registration and party systems appear to be fixed meaning the game is finally fucking playable.

The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update, which focuses on matchmaking, party stability, title-specific improvements, and more.

Below, you’ll find a summary what is included in today’s update:

MATCHMAKING

• Made a variety of updates to improve matchmaking performance and success rates
  • Improved matchmaking search times/time to match
  • Improved stability throughout the matchmaking process across all titles

PARTIES (the big one)

• Improved party stability

HALO 2

• Made improvements to multiplayer shot registration
  • Improved campaign stability across a variety of levels
  • Addressed stability issues for matchmaking and custom games
  • Fixed issues around resuming H2A Campaign from “remastered” mode
  • Improved medal display consistency

HALO: CE

• Fixed issues regarding aim assist which resulted in the reticle being pushed away from an enemy
  • Improved shot registration consistency between host / client in peer-to-peer custom game matches
  • Resolved a variety of UI inconsistencies, including team color randomization, medals, and in-game scoreboard display

Let us know about your experience, and check back for details as the team continues work on next month’s content update.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/3-3-15-halo-the-master-chief-collection-content-update-notes

(Matt) #2

(Gavin Rainey) #3

These updates make the game look unfinished dude but good news none the less

(DayC) #4

It is unfinished, it’s half a game. People should be aware that they’re fixing it though so their purchases arn’t considered completely dead!

(Dean) #5

These get posted in every update. It’s just generic bullshit words that mean nothing since they never even explain what they did.

(DayC) #6

Have you logged on and tried the patch?

(Gavin Rainey) #7

haha dont be silly

(Gavin Rainey) #9

Warlord, always the fountain of all knowledge.

(Matt) #10

(Dean) #11

I don’t own the game, but every patch they essentially put “Match making - we made it better”. This means nothing, they haven’t explained how they have improved it, what bugs they have fixed, the possible outcomes.

Its a statement that provided it gets one extra game being matched up better than before is correct. It’s a bit of a cop out statement like how ISPs sell Internet at “up to X speed”. Patch notes should explain what changed or there is no purpose for it. Anyone can say something is better.

Its not just 343 that do it, but shit patch notes are a pet hate of mine. It’s almost like developers don’t believe their fan base has the intelligence to know what’s going off.

(Nick) #12

Have you ever read the Super Smash Bros. 4 updates? “We balanced some characters.” ok ty for letting us know who’s viable now

(Matt) #13

League of Legends patches;

This champion is OP now

This champion sucks

insert removal of something everyone loves

insert something no-one gives a shit about

blah blah creative design blah blah still not changing something that’s been broken since s1.

(Gavin Rainey) #14

You can see from this post you know nothing about fighting games

(Nick) #15

Ok, mate. So if Nintendo tells me “we’ve changed some characters” I should instantly know that, for example, Shulk’s base damage on his moves have been upped by 1 and 2 (and is therefore actually viable because his damage can now keep up with high tier characters)? Or that Marth’s tipper hitbox is made slightly smaller?

(Gavin Rainey) #16

You would know viability is irrelevant in fighting games and people who go on about tier lists and viability chat pure beans

(DayC) #17

@Bagelzend Does appear to be the case for a “larger than i’d like” chunk of players. Who’s Warlord though? Matches still call game over at random intervals and some people not even being prompted for an update amongst other things.

@Noodle I understand what you mean and 343i have been doing it since launch, a significant amount of players have found the patch has made their experience more bearable than before though. As stated above however i’ve seen plenty of comments claiming the patch has done fuck all to help their game.

@Matt haha! Every patch Rito manages to not hit the middle ground with champ updates.

@NickV @Easy I have no idea what you two are chatting about now but this sounds like it should be in a different thread.

(Dean) #18

Yeah Gav, take your button mashing bullshit elsewhere.

brb, calling the guy I’ve sold my xbox to and to tell em I want it back

too bad you can’t put gifs in the spoiler tags =/

(Gazza) #20

well its a good step forward i guess… will look forward to h5 patch thread in 5 years time