Nintendo Switch

(DayC) #83

“Extended gameplay” wot…

Looks like this will be more like a Dynasty Warriors style game than a tac-rpg with a brand new title next year.

(Dean) #84

Jesus, that’s insane. It’s just a Wii mote that clips on.

(Xenoscythe) #85

Theres 10 seconds of dynasty warriors clone, wat is that shit haha.

(Adam) #86

Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja working on an FE game is actually pretty hype. But more importantly; when’s Melee HD? Also they’re charging £40 for Street Fighter 2 LUL

(Gavin Rainey) #87

£40 fucking japs man

Wheres the new Metroid FPS never mind all this shit lets end the world

(Luke) #88

Reason to buy Nintendo Switch:

Zelda Breath Of The Wild :+1:

… …
… … …
… … … …
… … … … …

That’s it. Zelda is literally the only decent game going for it when the Switch launchs.
I know Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Odyssey will be released later on in the
year but surly it would have been a much better idea to have more then
once strong game at launch.

Thats like opening a really swanky ass brothel with no whores in it.
“Well, here’s the place where the sex happens but the girls won’t be
around for another three the six monthes, but in the meantime feel
free to hang around and bust a wank out over the curtains” :point_right: :ok_hand:

Each Switch comes with two Joycon controllers and I’m sure you can buy additional
controllers so more then two people can play on one Switch. So where’s
Super Smash Brothers? That would have been a fantasic launch title.

(Gavin Rainey) #89

Bomberman R looks sick aswell Brew you ratbag

Breath of the wild is DECIMATING reviews.

People even being crazy saying it is best zelda ever…

(Lethal) #90

I’ve also seen some reviews saying it could potentially be better than OoT and MM, but that’s a pretty big statement if that’s true.

Going to buy the bundle tomorrow or over the weekend anyways fuck it.

(Xenoscythe) #91

I know I know, linking IGN is chortles, but I think it contains most of the shit I expected with the Switch and a big reason I wont be getting one on release just to play Zelda.

I might be biased as the article practically mirrors my thoughts on it

“As a handheld, the Switch is a powerful piece of hardware with a gorgeous screen, but it’s too large and power hungry to feel like you can really take it anywhere. As a console, it’s underpowered, unreliable, and lacking basic features and conveniences that all of its competitors offer”

(DayC) #92

I won’t be getting one straight away but my God am I going to hate waiting to play Zelda. It is obliterating reviews, more so than nearly anything i’ve seen before.

(Gavin Rainey) #93

I think that is a bit biased.

For me just like the other nintendo consoles I buy I want the AAA titles and likely wont take it to many places portable anyway. The only places I go to are work, sainsburys, the gym, jades family, LAN.

So maybe 1 but id likely take the whole thing.

I bought Zelda and bomberman on release and am going at midnight.

(Xenoscythe) #94

Will you send me pictures of you in your princess peach outfit?

I can understand why you want one being a massive Nintendo franchise fanboy, but to the average consumer I still think its a bit of a hardware scam.

(Gavin Rainey) #95

I think thats the case with consoles in general.

I think the Xbox one is the biggest scam of all by a long shot.

(Fatmanp) #96

Cancelled my pre but will pick it up later in the year when it has more of a library.

(Lethal) #97

The library was a bit of a worry, but it’s not even properly out yet and we need to take into account it’s very early days.

(Fatmanp) #98

Oh I know. I am just going to wait until end of year when I pick it up so i can have Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and the Zelda season pass content all ready and waiting. I am also hoping that at some point the leak/rumour of Pokemon Stars is talked about as well as a Smash Bros port.

Also there are quite a few other games I am playing/waiting for over the next 6 weeks. Horizon is really good. I am waiting for Persona 5 and the kingdom Hearts HD collection as well as Mass Effect.

A bit gutted about the left Joycon desync problem, sitting further than 2 metres and it can be unreliable - that’s with no obstructions and the Switch out in the open, it’s not playable if I put it under my TV… How can you release a controller with such a weak signal?

It did give me some unintentional comedy though; completely stopped working in the up position - cue Link stuck running like a tard; I had to constanltly shift the camera around to avoid death whilst gaining a massive Conga-line of enemies lol.

(Fatmanp) #100

Bit shocked at how poorly Zelda runs in docked move. Heavy framerate drops. Portable mode looks much smoother.

(Gavin Rainey) #101

it is still fine though to play

never played a single player game as good as botw

(Fatmanp) #102

High praise. You docked or handheld Gav?