Overwatch, new FPS from Blizzard

Just had the greatest match of my life, they had a really decent Widowmaker and I spent the whole match as Lucio jumping around like crazy and firing shots just to deter her from popping out… Hit my max heal for a match and managed to block them from capping inches away from the final point long enough to use my Ult twice.

Somebody also said I was their favorite son. Sick Dad!

(-.---.) #627

Interesting seeing some 3-3 comps instead of the standard 2-2-2 in pro play atm, nice to see variation every once in a while.

(Gavin Rainey) #628

What is being run?

3 support? Zen Lucio Mercy?

edit: reddit is saying ana instead of mercy, so any 3 DPS on top of that then?

NiP (and C9 today) have been running 3 tanks 3 supports with Ana and Roadhog filling in as main DPS.

Loving that, Roadhog is such a gangster.

go wild off meta run this:

Torbjorn, Mei, Bastion, Reinhardt, Winston, d.va offense team.

Winner right there

So happy to see things going off meta, I think that’s my main issue I have with OW atm, in that the meta is too rigid with mirror matches seeming to be constant. Here’s hoping for more flexibility, to be fair I just want Pharah to be viable.

(-.---.) #630

For tanks it’s nice to see winston/d’va picked a lot more other than having rein/zarya picked most games, granted still they’re both the most popular picks

(Gavin Rainey) #631

Anyone want to do promos? I would like to do all 10 with a gang

(Sam Hather) #632

Yes mate, would love to!

(Gavin Rainey) #633

I can play Tank, you can DPS or flex or whatever, need 4 more

@Bakawaka flocka flame wanna play?

(Sam Connolly) #634

I’ve already done 2 of mine, but I can play if you guys need one?

(Gavin Rainey) #635

sounds good mate

(Sam Connolly) #636

Awesome, my battle tag is SamC#2770, and I usually play Mercy or Zen, but given Zen’s nerf I’ll probably stick to Mercy/Lucio

(Gavin Rainey) #637

Zen gets nerfed, then buffed, then nerfed, is he balanced now do you think or is he out?

I have seen a few instances here where blizzard aren’t really making the right nerfs and buffs I think in some cases

Just had a look, seems fair, not sure on mercys changes and I like Genjis

(Sam Connolly) #638

I think he’s still okay to play, that discord orb still does good work when you have a team which can focus. However, he’s still very easy to kill, doesn’t have any escapes bar his ult, if a tracer or genji is picked on their team and can do their job then you’ll really struggle as Zen. At the moment, I think Mercy is the better choice for a solo target healer, she’s doing a similar job and has an escape.

(Sam Hather) #639

What are everyone’s thoughts on the Genji changes?

Was going to spend hours learning him after how much we got molested by him in both online tournaments and at LAN. Still worth?

(Gavin Rainey) #640

I think he will still be worth it

(Tom Cannon) #641

Just got 2961 (Plat) in my placements. I don’t even know if life is worth living anymore…

Edit: At least made it back to Diamond now, but this tasty hit-reg was fun in one of my placements.

(Gavin Rainey) #642

what the actual fuck dude l2p

(Tom Cannon) #643

3078 on my smurf going 7/3. Was nice to get a game against IDDQD and Co on their smurfs too and giving us a royal dicking. Time to start that long ass grind to Grand Master then.

(Tom Cannon) #644

Ana is the key to free MMR. That is all I have to say about this game.

(-.---.) #645

Gaining >200 SR in a night is pretty naughty #RoadToGM :^)