Patch Notes - 08/01/2016

(DayC) #1

The “need to make that game look good on TV” patch.
Graphics

• Visually upgraded all first-person arm, hands and glove models.

Killer Replay

• Fixed a bug where client could sometimes get stuck in Killer Replay with a black screen.
  • Fixed a bug where victim weapons could sometimes be invisible in Killer Replay.
  • Player’s own footstep sounds are now correctly mixed as third-person footsteps during Killer Replay.
  • Voice communications are now not faded out before and after Killer Replay.

Sound

• Reduced volume falloff distance for USP-S.
  • Removed high frequencies from Killer Replay tape sound.
  • Adjusted falloff curve of ricochet and impact sounds.
  • Minor mix tweaks.

Matchmaking

• Added official game servers in India.

Linux

• Upgraded to newer version of libSDL.
  • Improved game performance during the end of match scoreboard.
  • Sound options now distinguish between headphones vs two-speakers options.

Misc

• Added support for in-game broadcast of Regional Minor Championships.

(Gavin Rainey) #2

Much better having patch notes here.

They could have patched £100 in the game for every player on every account, and people would still complain about MM not being 256tick servers with 0 ping.

(DayC) #3

Mate i’m the biggest scrub in this game and it’s of course the fault of server tick and / or lag!

(Rob Thomas) #4

Na but for real though, the servers are fairly ass.

(Peter Woodberry) #5

The MM servers are a pile of shit either that or its just the routing I get is horrible, I lowest ping I get it 70 on any server in MM but a lot of the time its 80-90.

Decent update though, #glovehype

(Sam Connolly) #6

I know the solution for people moaning about not having 128 tick servers, just become as shit as me, and it no longer matters if you’re 64 tick or 128 tick because you don’t land any shots anyway :wink:

Regarding patchnotes there’s a video I saw earlier which compares the old gloves to the new ones, and it looks like the hand model has actually moved. The hands are now a lot closer to the screen, they block quite a bit less vision, so theoretically you can actually see more… not that I’m sure anyones view was ever restricted by not being able to see past their massive hands. Here’s the video if anyone is interested: https://youtu.be/OI7TnPiHMck?t=41

(Gavin Rainey) #7

My viewmodel puts them down in the bottom right anyway.

Pete your internet is more of an impact there for sure, I ping 60 to eastern EU servers, 20-30 to west.

ill show you my VM later when i can take a screenshot.

(Ben ) #8

Added official game servers in India

Thank god I can now play happily

(DayC) #9

We need an SSRCG glove skin.

(Dean) #10

Any links to information on glove skins? I reckon I can put something together for an ssrcg skin.

(DayC) #11

I don’t think they exist I was just joking but someone has done a mock up of what they could look like:

(Lethal) #12

Adding game servers in India is probably the best part of the patch.

(Dean) #13

Harry “Britain First” Thomas intent on keeping the EU servers white I see.