Pokémon Trading Card Game Online

(Gavin Rainey) #21

Nah its proven the SuMo packs are mapped to a rare every third

(DayC) #22

SuMo packs are certainly mapped, don’t buy individual boosters from shops unless you’re doing it for fun. I have many more threads to come on TCGs and one is regarding paper product and how to buy it in the correctly.

(Ben ) #23

Quite excited to build some decks and play with real cards at LAN as well :slight_smile:

@DayC Yeah I bought a full box set to pick out the good ones :wink:

(DayC) #24

Good shit lad, didn’t realise you were this into it and good on you for buying the paper, it’s nearly always better than online. Let’s play some at LAN :smiley:

(Ben ) #25

I would say im “getting” into it, the more I see. I do like to collect stuff as well so its win win :slight_smile:

(Adam Harwood) #26

I have some old school paper cards lurking around at home. I’ll brew up a deck or two for LAN using them.

Edit* Maybe I won’t, I have just discovered 75% of them are water damaged and stuck together like pages from an old 70’s Hustler Mag.

(Sam Hather) #27

Oh god, it has begun with the ads on here.

(DayC) #28

What are your remaining cards?

(Adam Harwood) #29

I have a lot of trainer cards and rares/holo’s as they were stored in a different bit, but most of the energy cards are now gone

(Xenoscythe) #30

“Water damaged”

(DayC) #31

Well they’re the important ones :slight_smile: energy can be replaced easily!

(DayC) #32

Primal Clash getting a reprint, Rudy talks about financial implications on single collectors, sealed product investors and how The Pokemon Company might be changing with this release.

I completely 100% get what he’s saying and that these sorts of collectors are getting screwed etc. But the way he’s putting it forward is so entitled it’s unreal =/

(Dean) #34

How is it entitled? People invest serious money into collectibles, not for fun but as a business. It’s no different to investing in any other rare commodity, such as gold or oil. If they come out and re-print the same thing again, your investment has gone down, meaning that the value has gone down.

Would you call people entitled if the value of the pound dropped overnight because the government just started printing money? I’d say they would be within their rights to be pissed.

(DayC) #35

He does say it’s his point of view and understands the view of casual players so I can’t really agree that it sounds entitled, he’s also dishing out a warning to those that may also be investing. This is also the guy’s entire business, he shifts hundreds of thousands of dollars of product a month, this is his life remember.

As mentioned, I understand completely that these higher tier collectors if you will are getting screwed by this, and as @DayC mentioned I understand this is his livelihood and his business and don’t have any issues with him being pissed off. I would be too - my point here however is regarding the idea of the investment, as they are collectibles, just as you mentioned with Oil and Gold the value inevitably changes depending on demand/tax and any number of things.

He himself even states there’s been changes coming for some time now with the resurgence of Table Top and TCG’s. Whilst few could have predicted another re-release his attitude towards the previous one was a bit different as he ‘didn’t have many himself’ and to me it seemed he was pleased at the prospect - though as he said many assumed this was due to a shorter lifespan etc.

To me it just felt the video was half informative, half entitled to feel that a TCG would be any different to any other investment that can fluctuate and fall at any stage. It’s just weird because at the start of the video he goes on to talk about just that, that investments do go wrong when business’ change but then by the end of it it just collapses.

(Gavin Rainey) #37

Ladder reset guys get the new electric set of bonuses

also 47 coins a win

(Gazza) #38

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

• 2 Articuno ROS 16
  • 2 Greninja BREAK BKP 41
  • 3 Froakie BKP 38
  • 3 Frogadier BKP 39
  • 2 Greninja BKP 40
  • 2 Lapras BKP 28
  • 1 Blastoise-EX EVO 21

##Trainer Cards - 26

• 2 Switch HS 102
  • 1 Rough Seas PRC 137
  • 2 Trainers’ Mail ROS 92
  • 3 Professor’s Letter XY 123
  • 1 Wally ROS 94
  • 2 Fisherman HS 92
  • 2 Lysandre AOR 78
  • 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
  • 2 Skyla BKT 148
  • 1 Max Elixir BKP 102
  • 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
  • 2 Rare Candy PLB 85
  • 2 Tierno PHF 107
  • 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
  • 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 19

• 15 Water Energy XYEnergy 9
  • 4 Splash Energy BKP 113

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

basicaly my only deck at moment

(Gazza) #39

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/51040-development-update-24-ticket-tournament-this-weekend/

doubt ill be able to get that many tickets but that first prize

(Gavin Rainey) #40

until youre stacked with decks and playing at a high elo in ladder, dont think abotu 24 ticket events.

I know all the good players that stream wait for the 24 ticket events.

I am currently running:

and a budget version of

I am going to build an anti EX mew/passimian deck for 8 ticket tournaments