Thought I’d open up a new topic to save cluttering up the raid one.
Everything I write here can be taken with a pinch of salt, none of it needs to be applied to your character or game-play if you do not wish, but I would recommend it to get the most out of your character. I will go through our raid team one by one suggesting what could be changed for different situations and comparing with the top end of the player-base.
The biggest mistake i see within our ranks are people using higher ilvl purple items over better blues regardless of if the stats are practically useless for them. This causes an inflated ilvl and a bunch of useless stats.
I will also go through setting up weakauras/tell me when for your class and how to use it effectively to manage your key spells.
I’ll start with myself explaining some of my thought process and what to expect.
##Xenöscythe - Arms
Stats & Stat Priority
Mastery > Strength > Versatility > Crit
Haste either being ahead of Mastery, or ahead of Versatility, depending on how close to the 20% haste breakpoint.
Only need items with Haste + Mastery or Haste/Matery + Versatility if large ilvl upgrade. Crit not worth a thing, replace all crit items ASAP.
Colossus Smash - CS
Mortal Strike - MS
Focused Rage - FR
Battle Cry - BC
WarBreaker - WB
WhirlWind - WW
BladeStorm - BS
Shattered Defenses - SD
Rotation / Spell Priority
Boss HP >20% CS on CD (don’t overwrite SD) -> MS on CD | FR when above 30 rage, slam when above 60 rage
Boss HP <20% CS on CD (don’t overwrite SD) -> 22 (18 dauntless) rage execute using SD -> spam execute | FR if you’re about to rage cap, save all FR stacks for BC
Boss HP >20% CS -> BC + 3FRMS on CD -> CS on CD -> slam if neither are up | spam FR and hamstring macro
Boss HP <20% CS -> BC + execute -> 3FRMS on last GCD | spam FR and hamstring macro
-Use WB on last GCD before a BC if CS debuff is inactive
-Do not delay BC more than 1-2 GCD for an SD proc.
-Run out and charge a boss when MS and CS are on cooldown, and you’ve just swung. Practice running out to charge, instead of wasting heroic leap. (worth 28k~ dps)
-On fights with cleave use Sweeping Strikes and put up CS debuff on as many targets as you can. With more than 5 targets use Cleave -> WB -> BC -> WW -> BS. Afterwards spread CS to as many targets as you can, while continuing your single target rotation
Our best attempt
- (Ignore execute damage as that is final 16%)
- Potion of the Old War did 10% of his damage, that is huge. I should stock up on these.
- His average MS hit was higher damage, but quite a many less casts - indicating I should stack FR higher in order to get bigger hits before unleashing MS
- I cast slam a lot more than him, i should instead use this rage for FR as previously indicated
- He cast hamstring, a LOT. I personally think this is a mistake on his part as though it does consume rage to reset CS, i still managed to cast CS more than him. However I should investigate.
- Satyr only added 2.3mil damage for me, very disappointing for such an expensive neck enchant. Consider other options on new neck.
- I took a LOT of rot damage. Im guessing this is because of their larger raid making it less likely to get the rot debuff and take damage from other peoples.
- Infested count was pretty similar.
- I dodged bugs like a champ that attempt. More of this everytime.
- I took Breath hits, should dodge these using Herioc Leap instead of using it to get out.
Gear Upgrade Suggestions
Mythic/Herioc Warforged versions of