SSRCG Transformation Challenge

(Gavin Rainey) #1

Thank you all for entering, we got into double figures!

Karneasy
Name: Gavin Rainey
Height: 6 foot
Weight: 267lb
Goal: To bring myself down from 19 stone to around 14-15 stone and be a hell of a lot leaner.
Method:I will be training 4 times a week using a 5/3/1 program with high intensity or steady state cardio at the start of each session. I have also given up energy drinks and am following a strict diet within an intermittent fasting window of midday to 8pm.

PhatMayneP
Name: Tom powell
Height: 6feet 0 inches
Weight: 195.6lbs
Goal: By July 1st 2017 My aim is to be 170lbs. When I hit this point I will slowly bulk up with the aim of adding around 0.5lbs per week. This will mean that my weight by January 1st 2018 should be somewhere in the region of 180lbs-185lbs. By slowly bulking the aim is to add a good base of muscle whilst minimizing the fat gains. I would also like to become stronger and increase my 1rm on the big four excerciuses. I want the following. Squat=130kgs 1rm, Deadlift=135kg 1rm, Bench Press=75kgs 1rm and Overhead Press=60kgs 1rm.
Method: strict calorie control diet for the cutting and bulking phase. 500 calories defecit for the cut and 250 calorie surplus for the bulk. Four day split at the gym. Day 1 focusing on legs with the primary excercise being the Squat, Day 2 being Chest and Arms with the primary focus being Flat/Incline Bench Press. Day 3 is for back with the two primary excercises being Deadlift and Barbell Rows. Day 4 is an upper body day focusing on Overhead press and lots of accessory work for Biceps/triceps/deltoids. Each day will include low to medium intensity cardio using the treadmill on and incline or the Cross Trainer.

The money will be donated here:

Lets work together and share our progress here! If you aren’t entering please feel free to show any support you want to, it is all appreciated.

Prizes
The winner will receive a monetary prize of 50% of the money donated by entrants.

This will be funded by SSRCG so that we can all add gift aid to our just giving donations. I will seek additional prizes from our sponsors and other sources for the other guys, such as jerseys, snapbacks, mice whatever. I will keep everyone updated here.

Each entrant will also have a small bio here that includes their goals and how they plan to get to them.

(Gavin Rainey) #2

(Fatmanp) #3

Ok. Donation is in.

Name: Tom powell
Height: 6feet 0 inches
Weight: 195.6lbs
Goal: By July 1st 2017 My aim is to be 170lbs. When I hit this point I will slowly bulk up with the aim of adding around 0.5lbs per week. This will mean that my weight by January 1st 2018 should be somewhere in the region of 180lbs-185lbs. By slowly bulking the aim is to add a good base of muscle whilst minimizing the fat gains. I would also like to become stronger and increase my 1rm on the big four excerciuses. I want the following. Squat=130kgs 1rm, Deadlift=135kg 1rm, Bench Press=75kgs 1rm and Overhead Press=60kgs 1rm.
Method: strict calorie control diet for the cutting and bulking phase. 500 calories defecit for the cut and 250 calorie surplus for the bulk. Four day split at the gym. Day 1 focusing on legs with the primary excercise being the Squat, Day 2 being Chest and Arms with the primary focus being Flat/Incline Bench Press. Day 3 is for back with the two primary excercises being Deadlift and Barbell Rows. Day 4 is an upper body day focusing on Overhead press and lots of accessory work for Biceps/triceps/deltoids. Each day will include low to medium intensity cardio using the treadmill on and incline or the Cross Trainer.

(Sam Hignett) #4

Yo.
Name: Sam “SamHiggy” Hignett
Height: 5ft 9in
Weight: 123lbs
Goal: By July 1st 2017 I hope to hit 145lbs, and then take it from there as to how much more I would put on versus working on my endurance and cardio more.
Method: I’ll start by using the Start Strength online program, sprinkling in some cardio (since I can currently run about 1km before I want to die), which might slow down the overall weight gain but I’m valuing general fitness over pure mass. As far as diet goes I’ve not got a set food-routine but I’m going to make sure to count my calories, and I’ll find/formulate something resembling a balanced diet whilst eating a shit ton, most likely incorporating some shakes. Also sleep, I need more of that shit.

Donation and pictures are now in.

Name: Kiel
Height: 6ft 0in
Weight: 124kg / 274lbs
Goal: By July 1st 2017 I aim to get my weight down to below 100Kg / 220lbs.

Method: Structure my diet with clear macro and calorie goals that I will adhere to and monitor using MyFitnessPal. I started training BJJ late last year and I will be adding in an extra training day per week as well as attending the open mat sessions on the Sunday’s that I am not working. I also hope to gain the first stripe on my belt in the same time period. I am also taking up cycling once the weather picks up a bit. Mostly for commuting but a friend is keen to get me to join them on trails and days out etc. so I’ll be doing that too.

(Sam Connolly) #6

Name: Sam Connolly
Height: 6ft 1 inch
Weight: 14st 3 3/4lbs or 199.75lbs
Goal: 13st 6lbs or 188lbs
By the end of the 6 months, I want to run 10k again. I won’t be entering a race, just want to do it on a treadmill this time. I’ve done tough mudder (12 - 13 miles) and a 10k outdoors in the past, and found it much easier than running indoors for prolonged periods of time. So I want to challenge myself to do that this time.

Method: Going to try and cut out fizzy drinks almost entirely (maybe having cheat days when on nights out / LAN, as to avoid failing entirely), as this is where most of my excess of calories comes from.
As for the exercise side of things, I want to start on the treadmill again, build up my lung capacity and get my asthma under control.
I’ll track my fitness using my fitbit, and keep on top of entering what I’ve eaten throughout the day. I think it’s also time I started weighing and measuring my foods, as this is an area where I slip up and don’t realise just how many calories there actually are in the amount of food I eat.

(Tom Cannon) #7

Name: Tom Cannon
Height: 6ft 4 inches
Weight: 16st 2lb or 226lbs
Goal: ~14st
Basically by July 1st 2017 I want to get my weight down and be able to run again, in the past I was able to run for hours without breaking stride now I feel like I want to collapse after about 20 mins.

Method: Cutting out energy drinks entirely (Might have to make an exception for LAN but we will see) and significantly reducing my fizzy drink intake by replacing it with water. I am also going to start cooking my own lunches for work instead of relying on the butty wagon that shows up outside everyday.
Exercise wise I want to start running on the cross-trainers again, been advised to not use a treadmill thanks to my messed up weak ass knee joints, and just build up my stamina while getting some good cardio work in. Other than that I will most likely be asking Gav about a workout routine as I really have no clue what would be best for me right now.
Speaking to Sam and Dave they both seem to really like their fitbits and I have been wanting a smartwatch for a while so I will most likely be getting one very soon to help keep track of all of this and actually making sure I enter what I have been eating on myfitnesspal (or something else if anyone has a better suggestion).

(Gavin Rainey) #8

For a bit of fun im not going to shave my beard until I am slim either :smiley:

(Dean) #9

So you’ll be the local Santa this Christmas then?

(DayC) #10

The fitbit app is the most useful thing to log output and intake imo. The band is cool and does well to track output through movements but from what I can tell the biggest benefit is the logging.

From what you’ve told me in the past your biggest hurdle will be getting your intake correct and actually putting the time into your meals and getting a good amount of protein into you.

I had exactly the same goals as you when I started in April and it took me about 3 and a bit months to get to 14 stone with 1 - 1.5 hours in the gym monday, tuesday, thursday and saturday. About 40 mins interval running and the rest on the weights.

Running got me fitter but I saw the most dramatic change in the weight training. Shame i’ve put a bunch of weight on but i’ll be back on it when I finally find a place to work and move to.

Didn’t realise you were still struggling with that bro, good luck. Sounds like you’re less about the weight goals and more about the fitness. Keep me updated how you get on!

(Peter Woodberry) #11

Name: Peter Woodberry
Height: 6ft
Weight: 11st 4lb or 159lb

Goal:

My main goal is to sort my diet and nutrition out as its one of the things holding me back from taking my fitness to the next level which in turn will allow me to compete at a higher level (at football) than I already am. A secondary goal is to add some strength to my upper body hopefully giving me a more athletic look rather than just skin and bone up there! It’ll also help me on the pitch as its definitely one of the things that sets me back from a lot of less skilled players I come up against.

Method:

Logging food intake and getting myself into meal routines for starters, I’ve already cut out fizzy drinks so I just need to get my food in check. As for building upper body strength a friend of mine has given me a good workout plan that I’m going to stick to for 6-8 weeks and then we’re going to reassess where I’m at. My current workout schedule is gym 4 days a week (Mon, Weds, Fri, Sun), team training with my football team (Tue, Thurs) and our matches are usually on a Saturday so I’ll be active in some way every day of the week which fitness wise I’m comfortable with but in the long run I’ll probably skip Sunday’s at the gym and leave it as a full recovery day.

(Gavin Rainey) #12

So far

(Lethal) #13

I’ll place this picture in my bed side cabinet and take it out when no one’s looking for a quick fiddle

(Gavin Rainey) #14

Anyone not done their pics?

(Anthony) #15

Name: Anthony
Height: 5’8"
Weight: 91.60kg
Goal: Drop body fat, gain strength and improve overall health. Change eating habits and cut out caffeine.
Method: cardio for now, and will start stronglifts in February.

(Xenoscythe) #16

Xenoscythe

Name: Jannik

Height: 5"9

Weight: 13st 0

Goal: Lose bodyfat%, add muscle, just feel healthier - this last year i feel like i caught every bug, virus or bacteria going whether its baby stress or my body telling me to get fitter I gotta sort it out!

Method:
Cardio-wise I run quite a bit anyway but shall start running to and from work. I’ve started 7 a side football up again and every couple of week I go bouldering, heck of a workout if you haven’t tried it!
I’ve always been interested in bodyweight fitness but never had the inclination to read more into it, I think for this challenge I’m going to go for that route rather than the gym version :slight_smile:
Nutritionally it should be pretty easy for me, even though I’m a vege. I tend to eat pretty well anyway, but I just overload on carbs and saturated fat, cutting down the carbs and pushing up the protein should work out nicely to start with. I monitor everything I eat on MFP anyway so i’ll just turn it up a notch!

(Gavin Rainey) #17

Great responses now lads, keep it up.

I managed to train at midday today completely fasted and pull 90x3,100x3,115x4 on deadlift comfortably, small weight I know but im adjusting to diet again.

feeling stronger as the days go by.

(Fatmanp) #18

First day back at the gym for over 1 days was on Tuesday. Did squats and leg press. My legs are now humming.

(Sam Hignett) #19

Can anyone check whether this is a suitable regime for me? https://i.imgur.com/xTFxQ9E.gifv

(Tom Cannon) #20

I told you not to release my secret techniques…