The Gym and Nutrition Thread

(Gavin Rainey) #21

Joe lift little (reps) and Large (weight) as a natty looking to lose some weight

something like starting strength or 5x5 to begin with

good work Erlend! its some feeling hitting 100kg for the first time huh

(Joe Littleworth) #22

Ill leave that there.

(Adam) #23

Need to be Spider-Man lean by October, but I can’t afford gym membership. Getting a new bike soon to try and go in hard with the HIIT again, since my last bike broke.

(Paul Corkin) #24

Doing my Lifeguard training course first week in july. Have to hit the Gym/Pool hard next 3 weeks :frowning:

(Webb) #25

Personally never done any weight training, always done natural workouts (push-ups, pull-ups, dips, sit ups, crunches, etc). I still use weights in natural exercises that I have to, with like Russian twists and stuff but never pulled, pushed or lifted, going up at least 10kg in weight classes this year and am going to need to get bigger so probably need to start doing weight training. @Easy what you sayin fam, dont need any help with CV but weights etc, I need your opinion bro.

(Paul Corkin) #26

SUPER SETS huehue

(Erlend Prestmo) #27

Haha sure is, wasn’t even sure I had it in me!

(Jonathan Spencer) #28

wondered where all you gym guys have gone when I was still browsing topmid haha

for those of you who know me fairly well always been fairly light weighted - been lifting properly 3 times a week since january and put on a stone (still got a looooong way to go for my height haha). just hit 100 on my deadlift too and set a fair few other personal bests so feeling pretty good atm but as I say, still a lot of room for improvement,

I did also give myself tendonitis lol >.>

(Erlend Prestmo) #29

Tendonitis where?

(Paul Corkin) #30

Best supplements, or personal favorites?

(Jonathan Spencer) #31

forearms. think i’m gonna buy some straps

(Erlend Prestmo) #32

Protein powder wise, ON Gold Standard is great, good mixability and flavour.

(Erlend Prestmo) #33

Any type spesific movement that hurts you?

(Paul Corkin) #34

I just finished a tub of that, was curious if theres any other ones from people before buying it again. Strawberry one is the shit as far as flavor goes.

@JellY Whatever you do, DO NOT get Weider Mega Mass 4000 in Strawberry flavor. Shit is disgusting. Ordered it several times before, but always as Chocolate flavor and it’s was just great, so this time I though I’d switch it up, big mistake.

(Gavin Rainey) #36

I don’t take any supplements at all now, but Myprotein is decent price and flavour wise

(Jonathan Spencer) #37

curls or anything of that motion really, I’m not training through it so I’ve kind of just been avoiding - I think it started when I was using the ez bar

(Erlend Prestmo) #38

That would be the smartest thing to do! Consider slowly tapering up your training when you get back in the gym also.

(Erlend Prestmo) #39

Anybody here got or know of a good bluetooth headset or earplugs to use in the gym? I’m so tired of the wire getting caught on stuff and the headset sliding off my damn head when I’m benching for example.

(Sanchez ) #40

No idea , but like anything set your budget and go looking for reviews . Does your gym not have decent bassy/high tempo music anyway .

I only need headphones for cardio as the speakers are tiny in those rooms .