The Gym and Nutrition Thread

(Paul Corkin) #81

Thats a sexy gym. Starting Navy training soon. I’m fucked but sure it’ll beat me into shape pretty quick.

Ironworks is in town, right? >.>

(Gavin Rainey) #83

Its in Cotteridge mate

(Sam Hather) #84

Jesus christ just exercised for the first time since college and I am so unfit. Like actually in shock, could barely manage 20 mins on the treadmill and struggled past the 20 mark for pressups…

Gonna be a hard few months loool

(Paul Corkin) #85

Been there, done that. Only gets better.

Just had a look at the selfies I occasionally take, it’s depressing. If I’m making any progress at all it’s measured in nanometers. Probably all my own fault or at least that’s what I’d like to think. Should probably be more thorough with my schedule and lately I can’t really force myself to eat as much at all too. This is the latest one…

(Erlend Prestmo) #87

That looks sick, gives a really hardcore vibe!

(Sam Hather) #88

Been dieting the past week, it’s tough but hoping I can stick to it!

Worked out my BMR etc, and assuming I was maintaining my current weight I was eating about 2500- 2700 cals a day and for the past week have managed to cut that down to between 1500 - 1800 trying to stick as close to 1500 as possible really but obviously it’s not quite that easy for a fat fuck like myself!

Also cut out pepsi max, only having one today as a treat haha, heard it lowers the ketones in your blood or something!

(Paul Corkin) #89

Fuck that Pepsi max is god. Only fizzy drink i drink :smiley:

(Sam Hather) #90

Same for me… it’s tough haha

(Erlend Prestmo) #91

Isn’t 1500 cals a little low? might drop weight too fast.

(Paul Corkin) #92

If hes dropping down weekly he should be fine but going from 2500 > 1500 might be a bit drastic. Although i was up to 15 stone over Christmas now back down to 14.

(Sam Hather) #93

I have no idea tbh, don’t really care, need to shift the weight, I get back pains from running.

I’m sure i’ll be fine, it’s not like I have a massive gut anyways, i’m not sure what my bf % is, I just know my BMI is through the roof.

(Nathan Burton) #94

I didn’t get the nick name ‘Bubba’ by being slim waisted believe it or not. Recommend me some diet plans? I need to start exercising again. Ever since I went to Uni and stopped playing Rugby i’ve become lazy.

(Gavin Rainey) #95

eat more and lift big and dont listen to Noodle

(Nathan Burton) #96

He’s the worst motivator.

Took 3g of Beta Alanine today and it was the most uncomfortable experience of my life! For about 2 hours my whole body was tingly and itchy. Apparently this is a normal sensation though? I think I might stop taking it :stuck_out_tongue:

(Fusion) #98

Face itch of peace.

(Sam Hather) #99

I’m thinking of going to the gym before work rather than after.

Anyone got experiences of both and which they preferred? CBA getting home at like half 8 every other night

(DayC) #100

Going the gym before work combined with me being a lazy shit put me off going to the gym, I saw no improvement at all. Went 5 days a week for a good 4 months and I was knackered before I even got to work. I have heard the lack of improvement may have been down to me not eating right. Either way not being able to focus on work was enough for me.