The OT Thread of OT

(Dean) #2346

Why the fuck would you hype up Leeds to @Smather. I’m in for an earful of pride now.

Meh, to be fair the 2 redeeming things about Leeds is Reds and Mahmoods, both of which were pretty much all I ate whilst I was at uni.

(Dean) #2348

Everyone should get this for Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball. Easily one of the most fun game’s I’ve ever played, it’s mental.

(Sam Hather) #2349

Leeds doesn’t need anything to ‘redeem’ it you heathen.

You can tell Leeds is a good city because we voted remain :slight_smile:

But yeah reds is absolutely 10/10 in Leeds, the one in Manchester isn’t all that in comparison. It’s weird!

(Dean) #2350

Is there a Las Iguanas in Manchester? Been to 3 so far, 2 in Sheffield and one at the NEC and been happy every time. Let’s see if they are the best chain going for consistency.

(Sam Hather) #2351

Yeah I think there is on Deansgate.

Spoons best chain

(Gavin Rainey) #2352

done, for LAN.

@Nodawe @Cabbage @catalystc @Rod @Lethal get this so we can be Disco Wankers pls

-Dave

(Thom Haas) #2353

done got rocket league too

(Sam Hather) #2354

Also bought for LAN. Hyams is playing in the roller derby world cup final right this minute so I might have to get some tips

Nostalgia Hype

(Sam Connolly) #2355

I bought a Volkswagen Polo as my first car about 2 years back and it just seems impossible to repair. The fan on the radiator had seized up, easy fix just by a new fan. Ring around scrap yards, they say they have a fan for a polo, go down, they have a fan for the wrong polo. If I wanted the old model of fan I wouldn’t have specified that my polo was made in 2006 after they gave it the face lift you complete mong. After much searching, I figure the easiest way to find a replacement fan online is probably to check the serial number on the fan. So I undo the screws and try to take off the fan, but wait! Someone special has been in there and managed to cross thread not 1, but 2 of the 3 screws which hold the fan onto the radiator. Fantastic. Tried to shimmy out the screw by getting a butter knife and jamming it under the screw head but no luck. Even after all that there is no serial number on the fan that I can see anyway. So now I’m looking at a new rad and labour, for what should have been as simple as undoing 3 screws, changing the part then redoing 3 screws. I hate cars.

(Peter Woodberry) #2356

What model/reg is your Polo? When I bought my first car me and my Dad made absolutely sure no fucker had done something retarded to it first before buying haha.

(Gavin Rainey) #2357

What?

Also @Prio unlucky mate

(Sam Hather) #2358

http://www.englandmensrollerderby.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/announcement1-1024x861.png

Hyams is shrooms… He genuinely plays that sport seriously

(Sam Connolly) #2359

It’s a Mk 4 (2002 - 2009) but they redid the looks of it in 2006, mine was made in 2006 so has the new style. It looks like there’s a few differences between the two models, but if you search for auto parts online it can be a bit of a luck of the draw as to whether the part will fit or not.

Yeah I did check for the obvious things like regular oil changes and it seemed like the car had been taken care of. Unfortunately I would never have spotted the crossthreading on the fan until I went to take it off. Rang a garage earlier and they’re getting back to me with a quote, here’s to hoping it’s not massively long job to change the rad because I can pick a used one up with a fan for £40.

(Dean) #2360

Can’t wait for this to come out. From the same dev’s who made Contrast which is one of the best games I’ve played, just sadly really short. It’s currently in early access without the story, so I reckon I’ll hold off until release.

Link Between Worlds £10 at Argos!

(DayC) #2362

Awesome game that

(Ryan Roberts) #2363

I think we need a separate thread to promote good deals / bargains like this. Just ordered now.

(Gavin Rainey) #2364

just mentioned you in one, its at the top now.

@Retroid et al use the thread at the top now :smiley:

(Sam Connolly) #2365

Don’t hang about lads, there’s going to be a major shortage of these on the run up to LAN. The only way to really enhance your gaming experience is to whack a baguette under your wrist.