Transformation challenge - entry deadline friday

(Gavin Rainey) #1

Hi Guys,

I am not in the right shape, I am going to get into the right shape.

@PhatMayneP blew it away in a year, went from being a particularly big lad to a slim jim and should be inspiration to people in the world when they lose control.

A few years back at one of my old jobs they did a competition where everyone paid money (say a 5er) and whoever made the most improvement after X time, won half the pot and the rest went to charity.

Does anyone fancy doing that here? I am like 19 and a half stone atm, I still carry a lot of the muscle I had because I train I just havent been dieting properly and I hate the way I am.

I am going to be in the best shape ive ever been in by the end of this year.

I say we stick 5ers in and half goes to winner and half to London Air Ambulance as they were there in minutes for Matt.

Now is a good time to not lie to yourself if you a big boy lets slim down and if you look like the Machinist and want to gain some size get yourself in.

Interested:
Karneasy
PhatMayneP
Veasu
Mania
Xeno
Nerosis
Chance
An7
Prio
Smather
Ross
Higgy
Kiel
Greeno

We will concrete rules but I think it will be something like, starting weight, height maybe bf% if you are already quite slim and some pictures (will not be shared) for before and after.

When we get to the goal time, we will do some judging (ill get some fitness guys in that I know to do some judging).[poll]

• 6 Months
  • 1 Year
    [/poll]

(Fatmanp) #2

@Easy

IN

(Peter Woodberry) #3

I’m in, started going to the gym late last year to build some strength and generally improve my fitness for football but I’m going all in on the dieting this year.

Already started with what I drink, aiming for 3 liters of water a day only allowing for the energy booster sachets we use on our match days and before training and protein shakes as exceptions. (Although the occasional night out may occur). Been doing this since boxing day and the biggest difference I’ve felt so far is I need to pee 24/7 but my body will get used to it.

Cleaning up what I eat will take some time but I’m determined to get it right. Considering going to see a nutritionist to help get things right.

(Fatmanp) #4

Peeing 24/7 is really hard to get used to.

(Tom Cannon) #5

Was literally thinking that I am probably in the worst shape I have been in for a good while right now so I am definitely up for this. I know that getting in shape should be the thing that motivates me but competition and a challenge motivates me like nothing else can.

(Gavin Rainey) #6

I will give plans share resource and help with dieting and lifestyle change for everyone too, for free, I will also ask some mates for help.

(Anthony) #7

in :grinning:

(Gavin Rainey) #8

lets get everyone confirmed by friday and ill pm you all with what i need

(Sam Hather) #9

I’m in, just going for weight loss though because I currently weight like 1.5x what I should

(Sam Connolly) #10

I’m game. Even if I don’t find the time this year, if half the money goes to a good cause then it’ll be worth it.

Also, bagzie on the semi nudes of @smather

(Gavin Rainey) #11

Double figures lads, any idea on what we should charge to enter?

tenner, twenty even? If we did 20’s it would mean 100 to winner currently and 100 to charity.

(Xenoscythe) #12

5er as you first said :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Gavin Rainey) #13

Its the inner jew

5er is good though as long as every sticks in.

Ill donate the money right away.

(Xenoscythe) #14

Haha aye, I’d just set a minimum at a fiver and if people want to donate more to the pot they can, its for a good cause.

Really like the overall idea and the donation too.

(Fatmanp) #15

After falling off the wagon over Xmas I am back up to 195lbs. I think I am going to have to cut down to 170 which I think is doable in six months. I will then start a clean bulk and attempt to add around 10lbs of muscle by the beginning of next year. Below are my current lifting stats and where I hope to be this time next year.

Squat 105kg 1RM to 135kg 1RM
Deadlift 100kg 1RM to 140kg 1RM
Flat Bench Press 60kg 1RM to 85Kg 1RM
Incline Bench Press 55kg 1RM to 75kg 1RM
Overhead Press 40kg 1RM to 60kg 1RM
Bent Over Row 60kg 1RM to 90kg 1RM

I think all of these are doable and will get videos of all the lifts in their current state and videos (hopefully) of the improvements. I will even settle for significant improvements to form even without stat increases.

(Gavin Rainey) #16

added Poll for 6 months or 1 year

(Gavin Rainey) #17

(Gavin Rainey) #18

Okay so it is settled, Pinned globally we go until July this year.

Format is going to be that we take comparable shots, i.e.

Front standing
back standing
side standing
weight

Images must include timestamp, newspaper will do it and it has to be sent on the day of the newspaper. You can hide face if you want, you can also put the before images in a zip and password it and only release the password to judges at the end if you want.

Weight is okay to submit too if you want to track it.

My current weight as of today is:

On Friday I will lock it up and DM you all so start preparing now!

(Fatmanp) #19

Clothed or unclothed shots? Obviously you will be wearing underwear unless you are feeling confident?

(Gavin Rainey) #20

wear the same outfit each time if you want to wear an outfit.

im going to be naked with a hardon every shot :wink: