Upgrade [~£500]

(Xenoscythe) #21

I too have this case, got it Friday and properly opened it today, i love it already and haven’t even put stuff in it yet.

(Gavin Rainey) #22

@Sith

I upgraded the case delivery, here pre 1 tomorrow also

(Gavin Rainey) #23

we done boys

but i bought the wrong cooler, that was for another case, doesnt fit in the 380T

Anyone need a cooler?

(...) #24

if you had asked me in jan, when i bought the exact same -.-.

kind of same topic. Upgrade to an amd FX 8350 for £100, or save for the convert to Intel?

Surely i won’t see that much differrnce between a mid I5 and a top amd would i?

(Dean) #25

I need a cooler. Will trade more Jewish artifacts for it.

(Gavin Rainey) #26

ok ill keep it for you

(DayC) #27

Not really. AMD’s AM3+ line is out of date now, their new gear has already been announced for this year which include the AM4 CPU line and the Polaris based GPU line. If you’re not making the switch to LGA1511 in prep for Intel’s Kaby Lake then have patience for the next gen AMD stuff coming soon.

@Easy How is the weight on the case when you pick it up and what GPU is in there?

(Gavin Rainey) #28

R9 280x is the gfx and i cant tell with the weight, it feels easy enough to carry around

(Luke) #29

Never thought have having a handle built in the case. What a day we live in.
Intel Core i5 4690k is a sound choice, put that same processer into my gf’s PC for
christmas just gone and it works like a dream.

You gone for 2 x 8GB DDR3 ram?
Or you saving on monies and rocking 2 x 4GB?

Like look of case. Feel like for the money you could have got
a slightly better motherboard. No potato PC for you.

(Gavin Rainey) #30

the motherboard is really good and i spent some time researching into how far ahead the higher priced ones were. Money wise i got a good deal. You will see it at LAN i guess.

(Luke) #31

I look forward to salivating over it…