With Halo: MCC will Halo grow within esports?

(Gavin Rainey) #43

How can rereleasing the same games be good value when new games come out for less? Especially on the PC? That is insane.

And the price of the xbox is pretty important, when not many of us have it.

(Richard Bowman) #44

Well, they are not the same games though, they have all been graphically updated. And the price of the X1 isn’t important as you are talking about getting the PC version of the MCC, which you already own. If you don’t think getting 4 games for the price of one isn’t good value then that is your opinion, I can’t change that. But I think it does represent good value, again I heard no complaints when Valve did this with the Orange Box collection.

(Gavin Rainey) #45

How much was TOB?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f

Valve didnt sell it like M$ are trying to either, its a pretty apples and oranges comparison.

So many games companies release graphical updates and dont charge like that, its unreal how bad value it is. But then again most games are bad value for the xbox one.

(Richard Bowman) #46

That isn’t the retail price of The Orange Box when it was released though Gav, it was $50 on the PC and £60 on consoles when it was released, http://uk.ign.com/articles/2007/06/15/half-life-2-orange-box-release-date-set

That is the same price as what the MCC collection will cost, its a pretty apt comparison.

(Dean) #47

Valve didn’t do it with the Orange Box. Both TF2 and HL2 Episode 2 were new games released with the Orange Box. It also was about £30 on release.

(Gavin Rainey) #48

Maybe the same on price

But look at the target audience, and the people on the xbox at time, plus every game on TOB was worth its weight in gold where as realistically only two of the games on MCC will be worth it.

And as Charlie Noodle says TF2 was new and HL2E2 was a new expansion.

(Richard Bowman) #49

Well fair enough, I still think Halo MCC is value for money, but I guess each game is in the eye of the beholder. I think 3 of the 4 games are worth the price, Halo 4 is obviously not but Halo 1 2 and 3 are for me.

(C**t ) #50

RiP in Pepperoni

Having watched all the maps, Sniper Br starts? haha stupid to have power weapon starts in a final. UL lads the anchor was not strong enough.

(Dean) #51

DAD IN HD

(Text because dicsauce hates caps)